Thursday, April 29, 2010

In with the new and out with the old...

At the rate that I browse my Goodwill stores, it will be a neverending fight to take pictures of all the items I collect. However to get a better idea of the dishware that I've bought, I've taken pictures. There are some items recently that I haven't had a chance to take pictures of yet. I did want to post hopefully pictures of what I do have.

Last night was a wonderful treasure hunt at my Goodwill in Greenfield where my kids live. I scoped it out the night before and lo and behold most of what I wanted was still there ready for the taking. So after talking to the store manager and him giving me a list of all Goodwill stores in the Indianapolis area. He was very helpful, people there are very nice, I definitely recommend a visit to this location and they usually have some cute teacups.

Quickly I plucked up two adorable ceramic cupcake holders that yes look like cupcakes. Now in the end I may wish I had kept them. But alas the pretty little cupcakes will be given away. One I plan to put in a swap package. I am completely new to swaps, I heard about the concept recently on the internet through another blog. The other I think that I may very well hold a contest for. To include other little goodies to go with it of course. And like a ray of sunshine it occurred to me that the perfect way to hold a contest once I get enough readers would be to have a Where In The World Is My Cupcake? theme. I'm sure most of you if not all remember the Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? well essentially this will be the same. Soon I'll figure out the specifics on the details etc. but that will soon once I get closer to have a prize package set up.

Also I think maybe a good time to do that would be once I hit so many readers would be ideal.

Now to change tracks on you, yesterday while browsing my Goodwill store, I picked up a "lovely" old glass lamp. It has the most funkiest shape, it's a amber colored glass lamp. Once it's cleaned up and yes I will be spray painting the lamp hopefully a robin's egg blue for my living room, it will be gorgeous. Also I picked up a fairly old embroidered picture, it's quite lovely but not my cup of tea. I hope to restore and then go from there, maybe I can do a bidding on it with the proceeds going to charity. I also picked up a lovely metal two tier snack tray that I plan to paint and do other lovely things to. I'll make sure to get some good before and after picks. And now it is time for me to sign off.


Vivere Senza Rimpianti!

No comments:

Post a Comment